Just as there have been fingers pointed at a variety of foods for acne incidence, there are just as many diets and particular food items that help the skin remain clear and vibrant. Here are a few types of plant-based foods that may help clear and soothe the skin.
1. Nuts – including several nuts that are a good source of dietary fibre and provide a wide range of essential nutrients. Including several B group vitamins, vitamin E and also Omega-3 Fatty Acid that can produce and may reduce damaged collagen that helps to maintain elasticity of your skin and protects skin cells.
2. Seeds – Example chia seeds and flax seeds. Omega 3 fats are found in seeds, Omega 3 fats combat acne, wrinkles and help promote smooth skin. Plus with Zinc! Zinc is an important mineral that is thought of as a miracle anti-aging mineral. It helps fight acne too, as a major bonus. Zinc helps keep your skin looking taut and supple, while also combating inflammation.
3. Berries – Of course everyone knows that berries have a lot of beauty benefits. Berries contain a lot of antioxidants that help fight acne directly. Some studies have even suggested that antioxidants will lessen the amount of time a breakout lasts, and may result in smaller, less painful pimples and other acne lesions.
4. Green Tea – Many studies have shown that both topical and ingested green tea can help fight against acne by reducing inflammation. In addition, the power of green tea extract helps the surface of your skin fight against acne and feel smooth and soothed.
5. Fermented Foods – Such as Kimchi, Sauerkraut, or Kombucha. You’ve heard of probiotics in terms of digestive health. Probiotics are the good bacteria that can improve digestion, but the American Academy of Dermatology has recommended acne patients take daily probiotics to help fight acne-causing bacteria. A healthy gut leads to clear skin!
And now you can enjoy your plant-based menus without worrying from acne. We have a lot of plant based menus serving for you at Veganerie all branches!